May, May, Go Away

Will you think less of me, friends o'mine, if I tell you May is my least favorite month of the year?

Oh sure, there's the whole May Flowers jazz. And Mother's Day. And the return of warmer temperatures. All good things but who can enjoy them when the school and baseball calendar go seven kinds of crazy?

I full well realize that our school officials shouldn't be expected to check with me when planning end of the year award ceremonies and activities. But, is it too much to ask for a little lumping? Do I need to go teach a crash course on multi-tasking as in having elementary award day immediately after Kindergarten graduation so we can get a couple things over with at one time? Anyone else feeling robbed of the last weeks of School Year Bliss a.k.a. 9 months of 7 hour days of Me Time?

And perhaps that last sentence sounds like I'm not looking forward to Summer With The Children.

Well, of course I am. What kind of monster do you take me for? What mom doesn't look forward to kids foraging the cabinets through the night only to leave your kitchen looking like a mob of rabid raccoons ransacked it during the wee hours? Or eagerly anticipate dragging their lazy bums out of bed every day and forcing them to take a shower sometime before 3 p.m? Or the fighting that is a natural by-product of four siblings who aren't used to spending 24/7 on the same piece of real estate?

Yeah, baby. I'm SO looking forward to that.

So let me ask......What kind of routines do you girls have in the summer months? Are you Devil May Care or do you have some guidelines for keeping the family sane? I'd love to hear your plans because I've got nothing.

I'd love to hang around but I have to go to Field Day. Apparently there was a May Day without something planned so we've decided to feed the kids sugar and then line them up to race.

It's how we do the Derby in Alabama.