Last Days of Summer

Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth - that is if you've noticed I've been gone.

We've been busy sucking the last bit of life out of summer. Today we are going to visit our grandmother in Georgia and I'm going to try not to think about the fact this is the last day for the rest of my life that I will be a mom of a preschooler. Add to that my oldest son is entering high school and my curly-haired boy got his head shaved and I'm three weeks away from my very first writing deadline and I'm pretty much a wreck.

I know many of you are sending your babies to college and I can't even comprehend that feeling. I still have a few years to go before I cross that bridge - thank the Lord.

So where are you with the whole going back to school thing?? Ready for it? Kids been driving you nuts? Do you homeschool and are trying to prepare for a new year? Broken hearted over a milestone your kids have just reached?

Feel free to hang around and cry a bit. You won't be alone. :)