Things I'm Lovin' Lately

December 10, 2008

I'm thinking I need an assortment of these prints in my kitchen.

*******************
December 5, 2008

No thanks.

*******************
December 4, 2008

Need your house clean in 20 minutes? Use this speed-cleaning guide. I'm going to do it right now.

********************
November 11. 2008

I bought these awesome shoes on vacation.

********************
November 10, 2008

The archaeology nerd in me goes bonkers when I read stuff like this.

*******************
November 5, 2008

Just when I needed to laugh, Sister comes through again:

"Anyone who knows me knows that I get hyper-obsessed with something until I get over it and I find something else to obsess over. Lately it has been HGTV, The Food Channel and The Vacation channel. Well, I'm over it. So...I have been searching for something new. I like the old movie channel unless it is a war movie or a western. Since that is what was showing this morning I decided to switch over to the Lifetime Movie Network for Women. I'm perplexed.

What makes this channel for women? Here's a sampling of the line up....

A woman marries a man who she thought was a good guy but he turns out to be a pshyco killer...so she kills him

A woman works for a doctor that she thinks is a good guy, turns out he kills his patients and stalks her...so she kills him.

A woman's child is kidnapped...she hunts him down....and kills him

A woman is raped...the guy gets off....she kills him

A husband cheats on his wife....she kills him

A woman cheats on her husband...totally not her fault...he was probably gonna kill her, right?

A kid has an eating disorder...which in my opinion is just a movie to teach kids how to successfully have an eating disorder...good news? no one dies (most of the time)

I kinda feel bad for the unsuspecting husband that comes home to a wife who has watched these movie marathons all day.

"Honey, supper is cold" BAM...she kills him.

******************
October 26, 2008

This is how I am going to vote.

******************
October 25, 2008

This post made me cry.

******************
October 23, 2008

Look at what one of the most darlin' teenagers in the world made us for Pastor Appreciation. We love you, Amanda!

******************
October 22, 2008

This comment on this post from my sister, Christi.

"lol. Good job Lis. If it were me, I would have patched the hole with that lightweight spackle stuff (I'm sure that is what it is called in real life)and if that didn't work, blame the kids. I recently put up a clothes bar in my hallway closet that I have been waiting on the hubs to do. I finally got fed up with the waiting and sawed an old broom handle in half and just 'made it work' (as Tim Gunn would say). Since I didn't have the right tools I used one of those kitchen knives that they show on t.v. that can saw a can in half and still be just as sharp. It worked but I have blisters now. And I really don't think the same knife can now cut through a tomato cleanly. haha At this time I would like for you to tell your boy #2 that I still remember the last time he came to my house, looked around and said, "You really need to call Bob Villa"."


This may be one of those, "you had to be there" moments but this made me laugh on so many levels...Love you, sis!

*****************
October 21, 2008

The greatest birthday gift EVER.

******************
October 20, 2008

Pat Layton, author of Surrendering the Secret: Healing the Heartbreak of Abortion, is giving away 5 leader kits for this study. She has extended the giveaway through the end of this week so go here to enter!

*****************
October 17, 2008

My new PW wife friend, Wendy, is one talented baker. This cake dropped my jaw. Would you dare even cut it?

******************
October 16, 2008

* Thank you, Jean.

*Amen to the Scarlet Pumpkin!

******************
October 15, 2008

Check out 'Simplify Me' hosted by my dear friend, Joanne. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

******************
October 14, 2008


This website activates every OCD tendency I've ever fought to control. With unlimited cash, I would party with no detail left undone.