My Children Thank You....


A couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by Chelle at White Post Media about the possibility of my providing product reviews for their marketing company. I had no idea who their clients were, but I thought, 'why not?' At best I assumed I'd receive a few books and cd's to try out and hopefully be among the first to be blessed by some new author or musician. I wasn't sure why Chelle chose to ask little 'ole me, but I gratefully considered the opportunity a win-win situation.

And then when I received my first product for review, it made sense. She must have read a post in my
'Parenting or Lack Thereof' category and felt led of the Spirit to rescue my children through this AMAZING BIBLE STUDY!

Would you look at this?? Holy Cow! Look at what she sent me!




For those of you without a bionic eye, this is CHIP INGRAMS's 'Effective
Parenting in a Defective World' Resource Kit! The last time I squealed like this was the Tax-Free Day sale at Kohl's!

Did White Post have any idea exactly who they were asking to provide an objective review for Chip? Did they have any clue I listen to his Living on the Edge broadcast on Moody radio almost every single day? Did they realize he has me laughing one minute, crying the next all while being drawn closer to the Lord Jesus with every session? And the precious way he recounts his relationship with his wife and children?! It's almost too much to take in.

Which is why if you tell me Chip Ingram has done a Bible Study which teaches me to be a better parent - I'm all in.

I've obviously not had time to do the study, but here are a couple of highlights for me:

1. The nine-session workbook is theologically sound. If you are looking to apply Biblical principles to your parenting, this is the study you want. You won't find any new-age psychobabble here, thank you!

2. The workbook material is practical. It is one thing to learn scriptural principles and yet another to be given steps to make them relevant. I love a good 'how-to' and this study accomplishes this without making the learner feel like a total failure as a parent.

3. One of the premises of the Workbook is 'God Has a Dream'. I love knowing God desires to use me to bring about the full potential of the children He has entrusted to my care. They are our first ministry! Don't ever let the world tell you raising your children to be God-loving individuals is insignificant!

4. This study recognizes failure is a reality and offers proactive ways of dealing with situations when our children make bad decisions. This is such a powerful session for every parent - whether you or your children have blown it big or not. As much as we don't want to think about it, at some point our kids will mess up. But praise God! That's when we have the opportunity to be a display of God's mercy and grace. As Chip states it, "Failure Is Never Final".

The only thing I didn't like about this study has to do with a weird, personal issue I have. You see, I'm a bit of a book snob. I love a heavy, sizable, substantial workbook and this one is a bit smallish. It makes up in content for what it lacks in substance but a beefed up study guide would better reflect the glory of the interior.

I also wish I had another kit to give away. I suppose I could give you mine - but I'm selfish like that. I intend on working this study into our fall lineup of discipleship courses at our church. If I don't find a facilitator, I promise I'll do a drawing because this study is way too good to leave on a library shelf.

Would you do me a favor? Will you go to Chip's website and get more info and consider using this as a small-group resource? And if I've left any questions unanswered, please feel free to leave them in the comments and I'll be so glad to give you all the info I possibly can. I personally can not wait to work through this study.

I'm going to be such an awesome mom when I get done..:)

p.s. Please, please - lots of clicks to Chip's website!