Thankful Thursday



This has been some kind of week at the McKay house...God has decided to show off and I am still so wonderfully overwhelmed I can barely keep back the tears...Here are just a few things I am grateful for:

1.
This truck! Luke and I have NEVER in our lives received such a gift. I hope if you are reading this and had anything to do with contributing or if you were just able to give your well wishes and prayers towards this gift that you know how very much we appreciate and love you. If you are not a part of my church family, you have to know that the people of our church are the most gracious, loving congregation we have ever been a part of and that was BEFORE they did this for us. Our church is one who believes in giving - not hording - and we are so proud of the heart it has for missions and providing for those in need. We could not possibly ever deserve to serve this body! I am also grateful for a husband that was never ashamed to drive the old truck. He has always given me and the children a nice vehicle to drive to his own sacrifice. I asked him yesterday, "Don't you just feel better pulling up somewhere in that truck? (You know, a pride thing) And he said, honestly, "No Lisa, I don't. I love that I have it but I am not ashamed of my car". And ya'll, he really isn't which is convicting to me, because I hated driving Goose. It embarrassed me to death! :)) I could learn a thing or three from that man o'mine...:)


2. This vacation! What a time of refreshment. I thank Jesus for all the ways He made sure this week could happen for us... My Suburban's engine threatened our being able to go and yet that was taken care of. A few things took place that just made it a time we could totally relax. I felt like Elijah on the mountain, resting and being refreshed by the angels in order to go and begin again.


3. This verse: 1 John 2:14 "I have written to you fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one." Sometimes a Scripture can seem so innocently tucked in a passage and never quite catch your attention though you know you've read it a hundred times. And then, one day the Spirit will have it leap off the page to mend your heart and you think, 'where has that one been all my life?' I have been so exhausted, mentally and physically, and I needed a reminder this week that I am strong! Not inherently mind you, but because 'greater is He that is in me, than He that is in the world.' I forget that, don't you? That I am an overcomer! I went to Revelations and wrote in my journal all the statements to the seven churches about those who overcome. You really need to do this - it will bless your socks off and give you a whole lot to be thankful for! :)


4. My Very Real Internet Girlfriends - Satan and me had a talk about ya'll this past week. Has anyone ever scoffed at you when you talk about your 'online friends' because they aren't "your REAL friends"?l. You've never even met them for Heaven's sake! Why, you could really be named Butch from Tuscaloosa for all I know. Satan wanted me to think because I have never seen your faces, that if I quit blogging there would be no harm, no foul. I prayed hard about continuing to blog, whether it was a God-ordained thing or a time consumer He would have me lay aside. He showed me through you how He is using this technology and community to minister to women in ways unheard of and that, yes, we are all very real friends and we need one another! So I remain, for better or worse...:)) And I am glad. I would have had my feelings hurt at Jesus if He made me quit..:))





Go visit Iris at Sting My Heart to read other Thankfuls or to participate yourself!

Have a blessed week! :))