Week End

For the past few weeks, I've quasi-intentionally laid off writing hoping that a mental vacation would somehow energize the firing of the proper brain cells that produce interesting blog content. Turns out it doesn't work that way. The longer my brain has remained dormant, the stupider I've gotten.

In a phrase, I got nothin'.

I'm pretty certain you are sick of hearing about The Shred. I'm on Day Sixteen. It still hurts. The End.

You already know we are at the ballfields every single night watching one non-descript game after another. Don't judge me if I say having four kids on four teams has been exhausting and I'm over it. Of course I think my offspring are fabulous whether they strike out or make an excellent play. For the nanoseconds they are batting or actually touching the ball, my excitement level does rise. I wouldn't dare not be there to support them and the team filled with children and parents we love but the truth is, I can't wait for the season to be over. I would rather be on my sofa than in my folding chair. I would rather eat a meal on my kitchen table than on a bleacher. The End.

Lost is over until next season. I am completely baffled with the exception of discerning the overtly-obvious, uber-religious overtones that are no longer deniable. I'm afraid I'll be forced to recant my love of the show once ABC has their way with it. But I'll think about that next season. The End.

Luke just sat down to with me to share his sermon notes for Sunday. If I don't listen, he'll silently shame me into a more intentional blog hiatus and it will really be The End.

Y'all have a great weekend!