Feelin' Appreciated

My church girls are sneaky little varmints.

We planned for a few weeks to do something special for our friend, Farrah , who is having a baby in November. Jenny, our fearless leader put together a surprise shower/dinner out in which we would bring her a stack of baby gifts (Girl gifts no less. So much more fun to buy for!). I've been looking forward to a good GNO for a while now so to say I've been a little excited is an understatement.

After we showered Farrah, Jenny sprang a little surprise I in no wise anticipated. They gave me a PW Appreciation complete with precious cards and gifts. I thought I was there to surprise Farrah. She thought she was there to surprise me. And we both got punk'd but in the totally good way where we walk away with cool stuff.

To my girls: Y'all have no idea how much you blessed me. I've said it over and over - you love your pastor and his family well. The fact that you want to spend time with us outside of the church, the crazy way you love on our kids, that you pray for us and then tell us that you do, the way you provide for all our needs, and especially the way you roll our yard five times are just a few of the ways you put hands to what your heart is feeling. I say that is what your heart feels. I know no other reason you would be so extravagant with us. Thank you doesn't cover it but I say it anyway. And yes, we love you with our whole heart.

In the spirit of Pastor Appreciation month, I would love to hear from both PW's and lay people. PW's: What things are your parishioners doing for you to bless you this month? What has really stood out? Laypeople: Give one another some ideas of ways you are honoring your pastoral staff. How do you know they love you back?

A couple of pics from tonight that do not do justice to how much we laughed.




















Holly, Farrah, Katie, Me, The Girl, and Jenny. Girl was obviously past her bedtime.






















Donna, sweet Bailey, Cheryl, and Debbie. They set the standard of how good, Christian women should act when out in public.

At least that is what they want you to think....hmmmmmm??




















Michealle, Tammy, Deb, Brooke, and Wendy. Can you just see the mischief in their eyes? For those of you who know Brooke, well, let's just say she was game on. Poor baby had a wreck just a couple of hours before we went out which provided for some excellent comedic material. Except, entering the competition now is Michealle. I can't decide who makes my face hurt from laughing the most.


And a fun time was had by all. And no one even complained about my tendency to hug the shoulder of the road while driving the church bus.

Not much anyway.

Thanks again, girls! I love you!