Praying for the Gulf

Tonight Luke and I went to eat with some friends from church. On our way home we passed car after car with Louisiana tags and it was all I could do not to burst into tears. Can you imagine cramming all you can fit into your vehicle knowing what you left behind will likely be lost? Somehow, seeing all those evacuees made the seriousness of what they are facing seem so much more real. I want to do something and yet I feel so helpless.

So, in my weakness I thought I'd pray and ask you to do the same. I pray these families are finding refuge, both physically and spiritually. I pray this storm dissipates but if it doesn't, that those who are affected will not lose heart. I pray we will be God's hands to those who will need aid - again.

I pray.

Will you?

UPDATE:

Rachel from A Future Pastor's Wife has checked in. She and her family have fled the campus of New Orleans Seminary for safety. Again, this becomes so much more real when you can touch real lives who are affected. I'm sure Rachel would appreciate your visits and prayers.

P.S. Go see my friend Fran to see how her church is ministering to over 125 evacuees. Awesome stuff!



"The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." ~ Psalm 9:9-10