Siesta Fiesta Recap - Friday

A few months before the Fiesta, Patty asked me if I would be willing to help her out with with all she and Kim had to do at the event. After praying about it for a nanosecond, I threw myself at her feet as a willing slave. And Patty, just so you know, even though you've released me I do not want to leave you. Get out the awl and pierce my ear, girlfriend. I'm yours for the next get together whether you want me or not!

I really had in mind to try to line my pictures up chronologically. What Ev. I'm about to go blind looking at all of them so in no particular order, here are my Friday faves.


Fran and Kim while we were at the Dome setting up the Fiesta registration tables. I can not even begin to tell you how much we laughed over the weekend. Or how much we starved. We were at the arena early and late every day. I swear I've never eaten so little during a girl trip.



This is me and Shonda. I've known her for over a year now and it was so great to finally meet at the Siesta Lunch! You know, I said I didn't eat. Do you ever nervous eat and not realize how all the food disappeared? Honey, I cleaned my plate and never even tasted the first bite. I was so scared to meet everyone but I was even more scared of the waiters who wanted us to remain seated so they could get our orders and tickets correct. There were so many of you I didn't get to talk to!





Brooke The Mail Girl (my traveling companion) and Tammy from Grateful in Georgia. I love this picture of them!

I'm still squealing over this picture. I love Marina!! I'm so happy we got to hug each other after all this time she's spent trapped in my computer.


And now I'm squealing again. I LOVE MISSY from Almost Naptime. The people on the floor weren't sure whether it was girl screams or mic feedback when we first laid eyes on one another. And see that adorable head with the cute baby on top? That would be our best bud Kelly from Love Well. I'm so devastated she couldn't make it. I don't know why she let a little thing like a nursing baby keep her from making the trip. Lightweight. (jk Kelly. I love you so incredibly much and your absence was felt. Weird how it felt a little like cardboard.)


Oh, and this one is SO fun. This is Vicki Courtney. You've probably never heard of her but she writes books and stuff. Here's something I've never even told Vicki. She was darlin' enough to call me once to mentor me in the book writing process. I got the time mixed up because I thought she was in a time zone an hour behind me. Anyway, when she called I was about to run in Walmart with two of my kids. When I realized it was her on the phone I thought, "No big deal. I'll just sit in the car and talk." Just when we were getting cranked up, my son said, "Mom, I've got to poop RIGHT NOW." Imagine me trying to string together a coherent sentence while mouthing, "WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING POOP!?!!! WE ARE GOING IN ALREADY, JUST QUIT TALKING ABOUT POOP!!" So here I am on one of the coolest phone calls of my life with flushing toilets in the background. I'm sure there is some spiritual application in that somewhere but I'm loathe to find it. Did you hear the toilets Vicki? I've always wondered...


Awww...Here's Bev Brandon. This woman is so wise and has a scripture for everthing. And her hair, y'all. It's perfection. Love you, Bev!


This is Georgia, Fran, Kim, Me and Patty playing Rock Star on Beth's stage. I SO wish I had my Bible so I could act like I was calling down thunder like Mama Siesta.


One of my favorite parts of Friday was meeting all the Siestas as they registered. Here's Me, Shelly (who got engaged Thursday night!!!), Fran, Patty, Lindsee, Abby, Kim, and Jenny. I've waited so long to hug these girls!! It was almost too much to take in at once.


Oh, and this seat sign was very cool. I meant to save it but like a stupidhead I forgot to take it off my chair. BTW - My Bible is falling apart and I didn't realize until we left the arena for the last time that Genesis thru Exodus 24 was left on the floor of the arena. I am still so darned upset about it. This was the Bible I used to write the I AM study so my Exodus was major marked up. I'm saving a Bible for each of my children and I really wanted that one to go to my girl. Oh well. Gives me an excuse to go LifeWay shopping.

Dang, I just deleted my signature code.

I'll leave you with ,

Lisa The Plain

p.s. I'm working up to telling you about my word I got from Beth this weekend. I'm still processing it.