Still Numb....

I can't begin to tell you how surreal the words I am about to type still seem to me.

Remember the ministry wife project I've been telling you girls about? The one in which you've been so gracious in sharing your experience about the
hardest things in ministry, raising your PK's, and conflict?

Well, IT'S GOING TO BE PUBLISHED!

Can I get a 'Wahoooooo!!!?!?'

I got the official word on Friday and I've been busy thanking God and reattaching my jaw to my face ever since.

This book is tentatively called, Married to the Ministry: Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me. More than anything I pray it will be a guide to approaching the ministry life in a proactive way instead of a doom and gloom book about how pitiful we are because God asked our husbands to be pastors. I also believe it will be an insightful tool to congregations in learning how to minister back to their ministers! If I get myself in gear and meet all the deadlines, it should be released in September of 2009. That seems like forever except there's this tiny little issue of my needing to finish writing the thing first.

Please know that your input is invaluable for this book and I will be asking you many, many more questions in the coming months. Thank you for being so willing to share your experiences with me. Also, be prepared for many of your quotes to be included! :)

I would love to write more, but I have a zillion things to do today......I just wanted to let you know this good news and praise my Lord and Savior for being a God of details. When the time is appropriate, I'd love to share the story of exactly how this all came about. For now I can tell you it took a lot of coincidence that was in fact no coincidence at all.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!