Getting Loster and Loster

While many of you were out last night enjoying a steak dinner with your darlin', I was happily curled on the sofa with the kids and my heating pad watching Lost.


Did you catch the part about the heating pad?


Yes, it's official. I'm an old f*rt.


Luke got The Heating Pad as a gift at his 40th birthday party. The friend who gave it to him only half-way meant it as a gag. I can promise you it was joyfully received without the first hardy har from me. I've been wanting one but wasn't yet ready to make this next leap into old age adulthood. It's kind of like finally giving up the sports car for the mini-van. Once you make the step you don' t know why you fought so hard when all that practicality and comfort was just waiting to be had.


My I.T. (Inner Teenager) just screamed, "Please tell me I didn't just see the words 'practicality and comfort' come out of your fingers!!?? In ONE sentence??! We were never going to let this happen to us and you've caved! What's become of us, Lis?

Well, IT. We got old and it just took too much energy to fight it anymore.

(Holy cow, am I really having a conversation with the voices? In front of you??)

I guess my point is well-proven now.

Here's the funny thing. While most people use the heating pad for muscle soreness and bone creakiness, I primarily use it for warmth. I have been in a state of permanent chill for two weeks now and I've found that I've been spending a disproportionate amount of time standing in front of the kerosene wall heater that's supposed to be mostly for emergencies.

A category my chattering teeth fall into according to my estimation.

My solution has been to put the heating pad on the sofa and sit on it while I work on various projects on my laptop. Oh, it's quite the setup to induce permanent laziness. I don't know that I'll ever get up. The problem is all the children have discovered my coziness and they now feel they have the right to call dibs on the pad when we sit down to watch television. Oh no, kiddies. Mom has dibs on dibs and you are SO not stealing my toasty sofa real estate.

I told you all this just to explain that it was no small battle last night while we watched Lost to see who could sit next to me in order to catch just a bit of the radiant warmth coming from under my legs. It was all I could do to fight the little varmints off me long enough to find out that Sayid was one of the Oceanic Six and is now working for Ben.

Here's my theory and I'm dying to hear yours! I think Ben has been free to move between civilization and the island since the beginning. Not sure of his motives, but I think he is threatening Sayid with the safety of the survivors still on the island OR he may possibly even have Nadia (Sayid's girl, remember) and won't let her go unless Sayid does what he says.

As for the Oceanic Six - we know there is Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid. There is Desmond though we aren't told if he actually makes it to the mainland. Besides, he wasn't on the plane so he wouldn't count anyway. But remember his vision? He told Charlie he saw Claire and Aaron get on a helicopter that would rescue them. Does the baby count as one or would you just count Claire if she is in fact one of the Six? And I'm still baffled about the funeral. I'm thinking now it may even be Sayid. If Kate and Jack know he is working for Ben then that explains Kate's animosity towards whomever is in the coffin but Jack's tears when he reads the newspaper clipping. It would also explain no one being at the funeral.

Well, my opinion and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Y'all let me have it with what you think! Britt, I hope you got to watch before I spoiled it for you! :)

I'm off to reclaim my heating pad. The Girl is sitting on it now and she just informed me, "Mom, I love this way more than you."

I'm hoping she means she loves the heating pad better than I love the heating pad and not that she loves it more than she love me.

Though I can see how it would be a toss up.

Have a great Friday night!