A resolution with
no clear direction

I'm typing to you this fine evening from my wonderful new laptop which has appropriately found a comfy home in my ample lap. The fam and I are watching our beloved Georgia Dawgs in the Sugar Bowl and life is good. Real good. Especially since we are currently leading Hawaii. Speaking of Hawaii, even though they are going down, baby, you have to love their heart. The players have this really cool native dance they do before their games that makes me want to get in touch with my inner tribal girl.

And wouldn't that be a sight to behold?

I've been thinking about this blog for the past couple of weeks. Things I want to change as well as the things I want to change. (Okay, that sentence began as a typo but I realize it's actually pretty accurate :) One change coming soon will be in design and I SO can not wait. I've had wall colors in my house last less time than the ones currently on my blog so it's time for some freshening up.

If I am going to stick with this blogging thing I want to have a purpose statement attached with my presence online. I also love this "
What I Believe" Statement and plan to incorporate it here somewhere. I've also been praying about whether the time is right to establish the name for this vague ministry I have in my mind. Something about giving something a name makes it real instead of just a figment of my imagination. I want 2008 to be a year marked by the 'new thing' Christ promises He'll always be bringing about and I feel its time to put what's in my heart onto paper.

Firstly, about this ministry name thing. I've always been drawn by this scripture:

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:-24-25


This scripture speaks to me about the importance of the community of faith in spurring one another on as Christ's return is imminent. I love the thought of our being drawn closer to one another as Jesus draws us closer to Him. With that said, I love the name 'Approaching Day Ministries'.

What do you think?

I have a few ideas I've been kicking around and it would mean a lot to me to have your input about which, if any, would minister most to you. So cool, let's have a poll:




Thank you so much for letting me sound off you. It means the world to me to have such a fantastic group of women in my life. I will never take you for granted or stop being grateful for your visits, comments, and encouragement. Sorry this post is so stream of consciousness...Kids screaming, husband cheering at the tv - you girls understand don't you?

Now, I'd better go watch me some more Dawgs...:)

p.s. Don't forget to go check out the cool stuff going on at the Internet Cafe. And grab the new button while you are there! :)