Thankful Thursday





This has been a tremendously stressful week, however, it is in these times when we need to be thankful all the more! The verse I am holding on to this week is an old favorite for many of us:


"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksiving let your requests be known to God." Philippians 4:6



1. I am not thankful my Suburban needs a new engine. However, I am thankful a wonderful man in our church let us borrow a van until we get it fixed. When the bad things happen, you find out how much you are really loved.


2. I am thankful the only sorrow I have today is one that money can fix (the car again:) I say all the time, "if money can fix it, it is not a problem". I think of dear friends who have situations in their lives that money can not even begin to touch. I've had many seasons like this too, but I am so grateful I'm not in one today.


3. I am thankful that God knows I need a job! For reasons I do not understand, He has seen fit to remove our cleaning service out of our lives. It was very stressful and being continuously treated badly by employees and employers captures my thoughts and breaks my heart entirely too much. He knows I need some kind of employment where I can be home with the children. He knows our ministry life prevents me from punching a clock. He knows I am not cut out to sell stuff. I'm thanking Him in advance for working out the details of our lives. I don't know in what form He will do this, but I trust Him and whatever He decides will be for our Good!


4. I am forever thankful for the blogging community and the outlet it gives to serve God in this season of life I am in. I am overwhelmed at the wonderful women who are participating in the 'I AM' study. You are ministering to me in ways you can not fathom! Thank you for being a part of my life!



5. I am thankful for WARM! I am just so tired of being cold at the ballfields and this week has been absolutely lovely. I love watching my boys play ball and my little girl play in the dirt. I love watching my husband help with their teams. He is a wonderful father and a godly example to our children.

6. I am thankful for three opportunities to speak at women's events this month. I love teaching God's word to women more than you can imagine though I often believe they teach me more than I could ever teach them. In a word, it is exhilirating! Thank you, Lord!

7. I love that I have a husband that will go to the store for me when I realize I am out of Diet Dr. Pepper and I just can not live one more minute without one....Thanks, preacher!


For more praise and gratitude, go visit Iris at Sting My Heart! Have a great Thursday!! :))