** I haven't done a WFMW in a while but this week is the Greatest Hits edition. I chose to repost the tip that got the most comments from you. Without further ado, here is how to get your shower sparkling! **
Tilex Soap Scum remover - you have to have this, nothing else.
Soaped Brillo pads - the soap keeps them from scratching.
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
A Large Cup
Here's What you do:
1. Run the shower hot for about 3-4 minutes to loosen everything up..
2. Spray Tilex from bottom to top covering all surfaces well and let soak for 5 minutes. (If you spray top to bottom, you'll get streaks that are impossible to get out)
3. You can't clean the shower without getting in it! Get in and scrub the walls first with your Brillo pad, bottom to top one wall at a time. As soon as you are finished with a wall, rinse well with your big cup. If you've missed a spot, Tilex again and repeat.
4. Clean the sides of your tub. Most of these are smooth so continue same process you used on your walls.
5. If you have a smooth bottomed-tub, you can continue with your Brillo pads. If it is textured, use the Magic Eraser. They really are magic! The tub bottom should be plenty wet from all your rinsing of the walls. By the time it has soaked while scrubbing everything else, the bottom comes clean pretty easily.
6. If you have shower doors, use the brush to scrub along the tracks and around the metal trim. Use Brillo pads on the glass, being careful to test an area first to ensure it will not scratch. Mine never have but don't want you to scratch your doors and blame it on me!
This sounds so hard and the first time it will be. After this, if you keep it up your cleaning will not take long at all. I actually clean the shower while I'm taking one sometimes..Two birds with one stone! :)) I also have to sing the praises of the Mr. Clean Shower Cleaning gadget Shannon talked about last week. I have one and they really work!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008